We offer a personal and professional service built on sound foundations of experience, reputation, reliability and commitment. All work will be carried out to a high standard displaying both good workmanship and attention to detail. Our services will be delivered with our ethos of raising the standard.
1. Tree preservation order (TPO) and conservation area checks: Where tree(s) are covered by Tree Preservation Orders or are within a Conservation Area, consent to remove or carry out tree surgery work is required from the local authority. Skyfell Tree Specialists offer this application service as part of any planned tree work and the cost is included within the quotation given for the work.
2. Emergency Tree Work: Any tree emergencies you may have.
3. Tree removal: This is the complete removal of a tree.
4. Crown reductions: This is the reduction of both the trees height and spread while maintaining the trees natural shape as far as possible. The amount the tree is to be reduced is given as metres, adding to an overall percentage of the trees original crown. Crown reduction can be used to reduce the wind resistance and uptake of water.
5. Crown thinning: This type of removal allows light penetration. Thinning allows light and wind to travel through the trees crown. Selective branches are removed from the crown. The tree’s shape is maintained.
6. Crown lifting: The removal of selective branches low in the trees canopy causing an obstruction.
7. Pollarding: This is the practice where a tree is maintained at a specific height. Traditionally trees have been maintained at a height of twenty to thirty feet. A large maturing tree can be kept small when pollarded. Using this method a trees water uptake can be reduced.
8. Formative pruning: This is the pruning of a tree while it is still young to maintain a particular shape and reduce likelihood of future problems.
9. Deadwooding: The removal of deadwood within the trees canopy. Deadwood can be a hazard as it is likely to fall from trees.
10. Hedge trimming: The reduction of height, width and shaping of hedges.
11. Planting: This is the process of transplanting tree seedlings, generally for forestry, land reclamation or landscaping purposes.
12. Stump grinding: This is the complete removal of a stump.
13. Grounds maintenance: We can offer schedules tailored to your requirements incorporating all aspects of grounds maintenance, including one off ‘tidy ups’ or maintenance on a regular basis.